The first Rural Scotland Business Panel survey report is now available. Key findings include:
- Rural businesses were generally confident in the economy and were optimistic about their future prospects.
- Most businesses had experienced increased costs in the last 12 months and this was their top concern.
- Supply chain issues were common.
- Half of businesses were experiencing labour shortages.
- Moving to net zero was seen as important but, in the short term, the top priorities for businesses were keeping pace with new technology and innovation.