The figures for recorded crime in Scotland in December have been published. The number of crimes recorded by the police in Scotland was 5% lower in December 2020 than in December 2019.
Over the same time period:
- Non-sexual crimes of violence were 3% lower (decreasing from 723 to 698 crimes).
- Sexual crimes were 9% lower (decreasing from 968 to 885 crimes).
- Crimes of dishonesty were 9% lower (reducing from 8,502 to 7,767 crimes).
- Fire-raising, vandalism etc. were 8% lower (reducing from 3,930 to 3,605 crimes).
- Other crimes were 4% higher (increasing from 5,086 to 5,274 crimes).
- Fewer crimes were recorded by the police in 18 (56%) out of 32 local authorities.