North Ayrshire Community Planning Partnership (CPP) gathers and processes information about you so that services you request can be delivered effectively and efficiently. The following Privacy Statement details how we will look after your information.
Requesting personal information
When the North Ayrshire CPP ask you for information we will:
- Make sure you know why we need it and ask for only what is needed
- Protect your personal information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- Take proportionate steps to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- Inform you if we share it with any other organisations unless the law allows us to share it without consent
- Ensure we do not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary
- Not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
Providing personal information
It is expected when providing personal information that you:
- Provide us with accurate information
- Inform us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information
This will ensure that your personal information is reliable and kept up to date.
North Ayrshire CPP is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud. Further information on the National Fraud Initiative can be found on the Data Protection and Freedom of Information pages of the council website.
Your information rights
When receiving personal information from you, the CPP will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information may be found on the Data Protection and Freedom of Information pages of the council website or for independent advice about data protection, privacy & data sharing issues you can visit the Information Commissioner’s website or contact the Scottish Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office Scotland
45 Melville Street
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This notice was last updated on the 15th October 2015.