PB Scotland Training will be held on Tuesday 28th January 2020 at Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow.
Tea & coffee will be available from 9.30 am with the event taking place from 10.00 am – 4.00 pm (Lunch will be provided).
As participatory budgeting (PB) grows across Scotland there is a need for skilled facilitators from the voluntary, community and public sectors to support local PB process. To help make this happen, we’re providing a one day training course for people who are new to PB and those who have some experience to share and want to learn more.
The training will be highly participative, with plenty of opportunities to discuss PB and how it works in the real world. The course will cover essential elements in planning and delivering a PB process, along with:
- Forming a planning group – capacity building with the group.
- Select a theme and criteria for the PB fund.
- Thinking about equalities – having all voices represented from the community
- Marketing – posters/simple application form/word of mouth.
- Holding a ‘decision’ event or an online process. Different ways of doing PB in the community.
- Voting options
- Feedback the results to the community.
- Evaluation – learning the lessons and Plan to repeat it.
To register your interest – please click here