What are locality priorities?
We have six Locality Partnerships in North Ayrshire. These are Arran, Garnock Valley, Irvine, Kilwinning, North Coast and Cumbraes and Three Towns. Each Locality Partnership has a set of locality priorities. These are the themes that the partnership works on together on a local basis.
They also link to our overall strategic partnership plan – the Local Outcomes Improvement Plan.
You can find out more about the Locality Partnerships here.
Where did the existing priorities come from?
The existing priorities were developed in 2017. They were based on data analysis, local engagement and were agreed by each Locality Partnership.
Why are we looking at the priorities again?
The current priorities have been in place for several years and progress has been made against them. We want to check that they are still relevant to local needs. It is important that they respond to what we have learned from the Covid-19 experience.
What should locality priorities focus on?
The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 sets out what locality planning should involve. There should be a focus on inequalities and where partners can add most value.
What is the process for refreshing the priorities?
- We discussed this at the September and December Locality Partnership meetings. A survey of Locality Partnership members also took place.
- We have looked at wider engagement and research that is relevant to local priorities.
- In February 2021 we are asking the wider public to add their comments.
- In March the Locality Partnerships will discuss this and agree their ongoing locality priorities.
- In April and May we will develop action plans to deliver the priorities. We will also look for wider public input to these. In June the Locality Partnerships will consider the action plans.
What are the suggested priorities?
- Food poverty
- Social isolation and mental health
- Support to carers
- Financial inclusion
- Supporting older people to live independent and healthy lives
You can find analysis to inform the local priorities and opportunities to add your comments at North Coast and Cumbraes Locality Partnership Priorities Refresh (communitychoices.scot). This will close on 11 May 2021.