North Ayrshire Council would like to invite you to a community consultation to discuss the proposals to develop the Mill Burn, Millport Flood Scheme.
Due to the restrictions of Covid-19 the Council are not able to come to Millport to carry out a traditional consultation event on the Mill Burn Flood Scheme. Therefore, we wanted to enhance the online consultation experience by building a Story Map.
You can access the story map consultation via the North Ayrshire Council website:www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/flooding and selecting “Millburn, Millport Flood Scheme”
The consultation period is between 13 July and 10 August 2020.
This document will outline the purpose of the consultation and set out to answer the following questions:
- Why we need to develop a flood scheme?
- What are the legislative drivers for the Scheme and how do we finance it?
- What is the identified flood risk from the Mill Burn?
- Which options are technically feasible?
- Which other options have been considered and discarded?
- What are the key stages of the Flood Scheme and what we have done so far?
- What is your view and what can you influence? – Including link to questionnaire
The purpose of the consultation is to involve the local community in the development of the Mill Burn Flood Scheme, seek your views and tap into local knowledge. The feedback which we collect during this consultation event will influence the Council’s decision making process.
We would like to hear your views on the scheme proposal and would appreciate it if you could complete the on-line questionnaire.
If you are more comfortable completing a paper questionnaire you can either print the questionnaire from our consultation site or pick up printed copies of the questionnaire at the Premier Store / Post Office Millport.
We will leave a collection box at the Premier Store / Post Office, where you can hand in your completed questionnaire free of charge. We look forward your feedback.
The responses will be analysed, and a summary feedback document will be made available online.
Flood Risk Management Team,
North Ayrshire Council,
Irvine, KA12 8EE