Here is our North Coast locality Profile which was completed in September 2017. This is an extensive look at the North Coast, its characteristics and demographics. This is a useful tool for the locality partnership.
Here are some key facts about your locality area:
- 49% of people from the North Coast Locality that were asked said that living their lives safe from crime, disorder and danger was their top national priority.
- 16% of people who live in North Ayrshire are in the North Coast Locality area – around 21,500 people.
- The North Coast has an older population with 30% being 65 or over.
- Male life expectancy in the North Coast is 82.5 years while the average for North Ayrshire is 76.5.
- Children in the North Coast do generally do well in school with around 30% of s5 pupils gained 3 or more qualifications at level 6.
These are summarised in the presentation that was given at the first Locality Partnership event. North Coast data presentation This holds the most up to date information available and will help you to understand what the needs or your local area might be. For more information you can check our local priorities page.
Partners and the community have been working closely together to provide support during the Coronavirus pandemic. This community book contains information about some of the key contacts.
Town Centre Audits
These reports present a summary of the Your Town Audit for West Kilbride, Milport, and Largs. These were conducted by Scotland’s Towns Partnership and EKOS (for economic and social development). The Your Town Audit was developed to provide a framework to measure and monitor the performance of Scotland’s towns and town centres using a series of Key Performance Indicators.
Your Town Audit West Kilbride
Your Town Audit Millport
Your Town Audit Largs