Here is our GarnockValley Locality Profile which was completed in September 2017. This is an extensive look at the Garnock Valley, its characteristics and demographics.
Some key facts about your locality area:
- 47% of people from the Garnock Valley who were asked said “living our lives safe from crime, disorder and danger” was the most important priority for them
- Population is fairly stable with changes happening very slowly in the Garnock Valley
- Under 18’s are projected to decrease by up to 18% in the Garnock Valley by 2026
- Life expectancy is estimated to be two years below the Scottish Average for men but a year higher than the national average for women
- Two thirds of people in the Garnock Valley earn less than £30k
- House prices in the area average between £60k and £85k
These are summarised in the presentation that was given at the first Locality Partnership event. Garnock Valley data presentation_May2016
This holds the most up to date information available and will help you to understand what the needs or your local area might be. For more information you can check our local priorities page.
Partners and the community have been working closely together to provide support during the Coronavirus pandemic. This community book contains information about some of the key contacts.
Town Centre Audits
Your Town Audits of our town centres have now been completed which provides more information about individual towns within localities.
These reports present a summary of the Your Town Audits for Dalry, Beith and Kilbirnie and were conducted by Scotland’s Towns Partnership and EKOS (for economic and social development). The Your Town Audit was developed to provide a framework to measure and monitor the performance of Scotland’s towns and town centres using a series of Key Performance Indicators.
Your Town Audit- Beith
Your Town Audit- Dalry
Your Town Audit – Kilbirnie